Reasons to start eating less processed foods
The more people learn about the foods we are eating and nutrition the more it seems we hear about eating the way people did a hundred years ago. All the research we have read in the past few years has pointed us in the direction that "whole foods" – is the best foods for you.
In the environment of a restaurant, we have to stay sharp and competitive making things interesting and tasty; changing things up almost on a daily basis to keep things interesting. So to go to a menu of 100% whole foods does not make a lot of business sense yet… But cooking with whole foods as much as possible, staying away from additives, preservatives and coloring is very easy and healthy answer and best thing we can do for you.
This could mean eating:
· Whole grains instead of refined grains whenever possible.
· Fruits, vegetables, and beans instead of supplements and additives to provide the fiber and vitamins they contain.
· A whole chicken breasts and legs cooked with healthful ingredients instead of processed chicken found in frozen nuggets processed with added fats, flavorings, and preservatives.
· Ingredients lists you can read and understand then a list of things you can hardly pronounce.
· Fresh berries instead of frozen with muffins. Or worse toaster pastries and breakfast bars, yuck!
So the next time you think tasty can’t be delicious and sweets cannot be healthy think about the ingredients that are going into these foods because only you can make healthy choices!